The Scanner Shop Delivery & Returns Policy
This consumer returns policy (the Policy) tells you how to return Products to us and is in addition to your legal rights. The terms of this Policy are in addition to, and should be read in conjunction with, the Terms and Conditions for the Sale of Goods
1. Your rights
1.1 When you buy Products from us, you may have a number of rights in law as a consumer. These include the right to claim a refund, replacement, repair and/or compensation where
the Products are faulty or misdescribed.
2. How to return a Product
2.1 You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange the return of your Products. We will then send you a returns form to be completed and returned with goods.
2.2 Where you are posting the Products back to us, we recommend you use a postal service that tracks your package and requires a signature on delivery. Products should be returned
to us at:
The Document Management Group Limited
1 Matrix Way
3. When can Products be returned?
3.1 Clauses 8, 9 and 12 of the Terms set out full details of when you may wish to return Products. We have set out a below a summary of those circumstances:
- 3.1.1 where you have changed you mind within the cancelation period and wish to cancel the contract, unless the product has been used;
- 3.1.2 if we have told you about a material error in a price or description of Products you have ordered and you do not wish to proceed with your order;
- 3.1.3 if we have done something wrong and you have the legal right to end the contract;
- 3.1.4 if the supply of your Products may be significantly delayed due to events outside of our control or we refuse to deliver or fail to deliver the Products by a delivery deadline as set out in Clause 8.3 of our terms and conditions for the supply of goods;
- 3.1.5 if we have to suspend the supply of the Products;
- 3.1.6 if there is a problem with the Products;
- 3.1.7 if you change your mind before we have delivered your Products to you.
4. When must the Products be returned?
4.1 Products must be returned to us where we have a right to end the contract under clause 10 of the Terms.
5. What must be returned?
5.1 Any Products you wish to return must contain its original items including accessories. Please ensure all items are put back in their packaging and have their original labels, protective wrapping and/or covering on (unless you are returning faulty items to us). The Products must be kept in reasonable care and in fully resalable condition.
5.2 As outlined in clause 9.5.1 of the Terms, we reserve the right to reduce the value of any refund of the price provided to you, if the value of the Products has decreased as a result of your poor handling or due to inadequate re-packaging.
6. Cost of returns
6.1 We will pay the costs of returning Products to us if:
- 6.1.1 any Products are faulty or misdescribed; or
- 6.1.2 you are ending the contract because we have told you of an upcoming change to the Products or these terms, an error in pricing or description, a delay in delivery due to events outside our control or because you have a legal right to do so as a result of something we have done wrong. In all other circumstances (including where you are exercising your right to change your mind) you must pay the costs of returning the Products to us.
7. Delivery of the products
7.1 The costs of delivery will be as displayed to you on our Site and will depend on the method of delivery
you have chosen.
7.2 Delivery options - Where you have chosen and paid for:
- 7.2.1 UK Next Day Mainland Delivery: your Products will be delivered the next business day should you place your Order before 2pm. For Orders placed after 2pm, your Order will be delivered on the second business day. For Orders placed after 2pm on a Friday, Products shall be delivered the following Tuesday (or the following business day should such Tuesday not be a business day);
- 7.2.2 Highlands, Channel Isles and Isle of Mann: We aim to deliver your products within 4 business days, but due cannot always guarantee this due to external pressure on delivery services around the country.
- 7.2.3 Shipping to Republic of Ireland & Northern Ireland: Due to current Government guidelines surrounding Brexit, business customers must must provide an Economic Operators Registration and Identification number (EORI number) for the purpose of customs entry and clearing processes outside of the UK. The EORI number provided will be added to the commercial invoice used as a customs declaration. Individuals do not need an EORI number when importing or exporting goods for private use only. For more information and to apply for an EORI number please click on the following Government Website
7.3 For further delivery options, for example to Europe or internationally, please contact us. Due to current Government guidelines, if you are a business please be advised you must provide an EORI number for the purpose of customs entry and clearing processes outside of the UK.
7.4 Delivery is not available on Saturdays & Sundays, bank holidays, Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day.
7.5 If our supply of the Products is delayed by an event outside our control then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided we do this we will not be liable for delays caused by the event, but if there is a risk of substantial delay you may contact us to end the Contract and receive a refund for any Products you have paid for but not received.
7.6 If no one is available at your address to take delivery of the Products and the Products cannot be posted through your letterbox, a courier will leave you a note informing you of how to rearrange delivery.
7.7 If you do not collect the Products from us as arranged or if, after a failed delivery to you, you do not re-arrange delivery or collect them from a delivery depot we will contact you for further instructions and may charge you for storage costs and any further delivery costs. If, despite our reasonable efforts, we are unable to contact you or re-arrange delivery or collection we may end the Contract and clause 10.2 will apply.
7.8 Your legal rights if we deliver Products late –– You have legal rights if we deliver Products late. If we miss the delivery deadline for any Products then you may treat the Contract as at an end straight away if any of the following apply:
- 7.8.1 we have refused to deliver the Products;
- 7.8.2 delivery within the delivery deadline was essential (taking into account all the relevant circumstances); or
- 7.8.3 you told us before we accepted your order that delivery within the delivery deadline was essential.
7.9 Setting a new date for delivery - If you do not wish to treat the Contract as at an end straight away, or do not have the right to do so under clause 7.8, you can give us a new deadline for delivery, which must be reasonable, and you can treat the Contract as at an end if we do not meet the new deadline.
7.10 Ending the Contract for late delivery - If you do choose to treat the Contract as at an end for late delivery under clause 7.8 or clause 7.9, you can cancel your Order for any of the Products or reject Products that have been delivered. If you wish, you can reject or cancel the Order for some of those Products (not all of them), unless splitting them up would significantly reduce their value. After that we will refund any sums you have paid to us for the cancelled Products and their delivery. If the Products have been delivered to you, you must either post them back to us or (if they are not suitable for posting) allow us to collect them from you. We will pay the costs of postage or collection. Please
contact us to arrange collection.
7.11 Your responsibility for the Products - The Products will be your responsibility from the time we deliver them to the address you provided to us for delivery.